Solutions by Industry
The raw materials for producing thermoformed automation trays and packaging products come in the form of extruded sheets. Extruded sheets, which come in rolls, are made from plastic resin or compound.
In our business, we take pride in producing our own customised conductive, clear and biobased extruded sheets which we use subsequently in thermoforming to manufacture thermoformed packaging products such as clamshells, blister packs and automation trays.
To produce extrusion sheets, plastic resin or compound is fed into the extrusion machine. The resin or compound is kneaded and melted before it is shaped into sheets and cooled. The sheet is wound into rolls, inspected and packed.
With state-of-the-art equipment and technology, our sheet extrusion products are manufactured to high degrees of accuracy and consistency using plastic resins such as HIPS (High Impact Polystyrene), PP (Polypropylene), PS (Polystyrene), and also biobased material made from agricultural waste and residue together with other proprietory plastic compounds.
Our extruded sheets (from 0.3mm to 2mm thick and up to 850mm wide), used in the data storage and consumer electronics industries, can be customized to your colours of choice.
Green Material Development
With plastic being integral to many facets of our daily life, Texchem-Pack Group is dedicated to developing a range of polymer from renewable resources such as starch and agricultural waste to minimize carbon footprint while meeting the needs for polymer.
Our in-house Polymer Research Centre has successfully developed both thermoform and injection molding grades resin coded as TXP® 5000 Series with biobased content ranging from 25% to >50%.
The Benefits of TXP® 5000 Series are:
- Made from renewable resources - starch and agricultural waste.
- Lower energy consumption during manufacturing.
- Processing flexibility - suitable for thermoforming, injection molding, extrusion, blow molding etc.
- Recycle friendly - easily recycled into current recycling stream.
- Environment friendly - reduce CO2 emission & fossil resources use, lower environmental impact.
- Design freedom - excellent colorability & deep drawn capability to fit design concept.
- Cost-Performance - competitive against PLA, paper & certain fossil plastics.
TXP® 5000 Series are suitable for a wide range applications including:
- Food and consumer packaging
- Consumer electronics and industrial packing
- Single used products and packaging
- Rigid packaging
- Retail packaging
- Tableware & kitchenware
Return to Solutions by Industry page.